Friday, June 26, 2015

The causes of overshoot finally explained in detail

- The more I cut, the more the GdP goes up.

- I say: jobs, not branches!!
 - I can't stop cutting, but I can capture sawdust and sequester it into the tree hollow.
 - Do you really believe in this story of 'gravity'? I am not convinced at all.
- I am not a woodsman, but I say this: if this branch was supposed to fall, why do we see so many branches, up there? 
- The models of the branch mechanical properties are still too uncertain.
 - Such a small cut in this big branch, why should I be worried?
- I have been cutting this branch for quite a while and nothing has happened. Why should anything happen?
- Branches fall all the time; it is a natural phenomenon.

- It is just an engineering problem. They'll find something to keep the branch up.
- If we stop cutting, it will cost us more than the hospital bill for the fractures caused by the fall.
- The Pope? What does the Pope know about trees? He should stick to theology!

- .......................................


  1. Don't worry the tree will grow new wood as fast as we cut it.

    See a picture of K-Dog with Guy McPherson at this link. Also featured is Guy's current presentation.

    1. The link doesn't work. Can you send it again?


  2. Dear Ugo, I have not had such a good laugh for days, if not weeks - thank you! (and surprisingly the laugh was not bitter, I think I am beyond bitterness on this topic)

  3. Hmm Ugo you forgot "even if something happens we will adapt as we always did" (to free fall? Or adapt by becoming a novel splattered configuration of broken bones and bloody remains?)



Ugo Bardi is a member of the Club of Rome and the author of "Extracted: how the quest for mineral resources is plundering the Planet" (Chelsea Green 2014)